Monday, July 23, 2012

Final Blog Post for CUIN 7356 & 7376

So, the summer semester for 2012 is finally over. I probably did not enjoy the breakneck pace all that much...at least as of right now. It's 3:02 am and tomorrow morning is going to creep up on my pretty fast. Oh, well. All I have to say is that I learned a lot about Web 2.0 Tools in this course. There are quite a bit of them out there. Some are great (Wordle, Tagxedo, Screencast) and some are not so great (Wridea and one other one that I did a project on but I cannot remember the name right now so you see how much of an impression that it made). I also learned that for me (at this point in time) I certainly do not want to write for or work on a blog on a regular basis. Perhaps that will change, but I have so much going on with learning a ton of other things that a blog is at the bottom of my list right now...

I certainly appreciate ALL of the hard work that obviously went in to putting this course together. I have no idea how many hours it actually took, but I KNOW that it was a gargantuan effort on both Dr. Robin and Dr. McNeil's part. I can say that I know because a crummy PowerPoint can take someone hours to create--even when they know what they are doing. This course was well designed and that takes 20-50 times as long to do. So, thank you very much for teaching us this summer and also allowing us to kind of observe the process that you all went through to modify and guide the course as it moved along.

It will be about a month (which will fly by) but some of us (me included) will be doing this again with you all in the Fall. I look forward to that one as well because a long session certainly comes with its own set of challenges and developments. So, with that I say farewell...until August 27th rolls around...


Sincerely,

letter G Brick letter r letter E UPWORDS Letter G
Rubber stamp letter j Rubber stamp letter o Stencil Letter  N letter A Brick letter s Brick letter o letter N

No comments:

Post a Comment